Sunday, September 14, 2008

I caught an episode of Making The Band 4 today which followed the rehearsals and first performances of Donnie, Day 26, and (of course) Danity Kane.  Here are my thoughts...

First of all, who is this Donnie guy?  I mean, I know who he is; he auditioned for the band and Diddy decided he would make it better as a solo artist...  Really, Diddy?  I mean, he has a nice voice and all, but it just doesn't seem like this is the right time for a guy like him.  Also, is he hot? I am really not sure...  He definitely needs a nose job, I know that much.  However, I mean, I guess he has sex appeal.   

Second, there's Day 26.  I mean, I understand a little bit why this group exists...  It could be time for a Boyz II Men-type group, but I still think they're a little tacky.  However, I have to admit that their vocals are super tight.  There's nothing like a group of black guys all going off together.

Finally, there's Danity Kane, Diddy's original divas.  I mean, they're fierce.  Honestly, all of the girls are such great performers; as soon as they hit the stage, their faces light up and they know how to work the crowd.  It seems like Aubrey is never ever nervous--the just looks ready to go! 

Anyhow, it's still a good show, even though it might not be quite as exciting as the seasons when Danity Kane was selected; that was some great stuff.  Laurie Ann Gibson has finally returned to the show--thank God--and she is adding some great drama, even though she's not quite as crazy as she used to be.  


New Show Alert: MTV's Top Pop Group.  It's sorta like America's Best Dance Crew but they have to sing, too.  Sounds interesting...  It's hosted by Mario Lopez who is really turing out to be quite a reality TV whore.  That's fine with me.  Mmm, Mario Lopez.


Dancing With The Stars is returning for another season, and it promises to be better than ever!!!  Check out the cast here, including Kim Kardashian, Lance Bass, Toni Braxton, and Misty May-Treanor.  I'm rooting for Lance.  


Final Thought: Hopefully everyone has seen this already.  Tina Fey as Sarah Palin (and Amy Poehler as Hillary Clinton).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the SNL skit. Keep up the good blog posts.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Oh and how come Kim Kardashian isn't an option in the poll?