Friday, February 22, 2008

AI Top 24

I watched (on TiVo) American Idol  from Tuesday and Wednesday last night with some friends.  I took notes about all of the contestants, but I've decided to go ahead and share two lists: first, my Top 12 (the ones I want to make it) and then my Top 12 (the ones I think will make it)...  I haven't seen the results show yet, but I'll look up the finalists after I make my predictions.  Here goes.

My Personal Top 12--The ones I hope make it.  In no particular order.
1. David Hernandez
2. Jason Yeager
3. Robbie
4. David Archuleta
5. Colton Berry
6. Luke Menard
7. Amanda Overmeyer
8. Asia'h Epperson
9. Ramiele Malubay
10. Syesha Marcado
11. Carly Smithson
12. Kristy Lee Cook or Joanne Borgella

My Top 12 Predictions.  Again, in no particular order.
1. Jason Yeager
2. Robbie
3. David Archuleta
4. Colton Berry
5. Jason Castro
6. Michael Johns
7. Carly Smithson
8. Alaina Whittaker
9. Amanda Overmeyer
10. Alexandrea Lushington
11. Asia'h Epperson
12. Ramiele Malubay

My favorites?  David Archuleta.  He's soooooo cute and his voice reminds me a little of RJ Helton from season one; he's got some soul.  And he's so cute!  And he's like 17 years old.  I'm completely obsessed.  Jason Yeager is another stand out; he sang "Moon River," which is a different choice, but it worked well for him.  Danny Noriega, who might actually make it, honestly needs to be in The Singing Hoosiers, the show choir I was a part of during college.  Ramiele Malubay is the only girl who really stood out to me; she's hot, dramatic, soulful, and has a great voice.  My friend Pat mentioned that she could sing the theme for a James Bond movie; I agree.  Oh, and her favorite part of the show so far has been "hair and makeup!"

OK, I just checked AmericanIdol.com to see who actually made it...  Oh, duh, they are just cutting people for a few weeks.  The people who got cut:

1. Amy
2. JoAnne
3. Colton
4. Garrett

Good one, America.  You're off to a great start!  Keep it up.

You know, in general, the contestants are going to have to STEP IT UP to impress me this season...  So far no one has stood out really, and I haven't seen any memorable performances that I've had to look up on YouTube.  

Where's LaToya London?
How about Clay Aiken?

At least Ryan is still looking super hot.

No comments: