Friday, February 8, 2008

Fierce Shows!

My friend Joe is in town this weekend, so he and I did what we used to do in college--blow off our responsibilities, have a few drinks, and watch TV! It was great. We caught up on some FIERCE reality.

First of all, I finally caught Celebrity Rehab. It's OK. I mean, I think I'd have to watch a few more episodes and get emotionally invested in some of the "celebrities" before I'd really be into it. Jessica Sierra is just as much of a mess as I hoped she'd be, and the others in the house are so random... I'll give it a C+.

Next, we watched some MTV, specifically The Gauntlet III. I'm not sure which episode number it was, probably like three or so, but it was pretty much what I expected. It's funny to me that some of the Veterans have really only been on challenges; ever since they did that Fresh Meat one a few years ago, these random college dropouts have gotten their own slice of the MTV empire. Oh well. Coral is on it (duh) and she's incredible (duh), spurting out such gems as, "I don't even think Brooke's a real lesbian." She's fierce. And Brooke sucks, for the record. I'll give it a B. Oh,Link and MTV has launched a new site (like Myspace sorta) for fans to "connect" with their favorite on-air personalities. I checked out Danny. Mmmmm.

OH! I found a replacement for Dance War. It's technically called Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew. I'll call it Dance Crew for short. It's FIERCE. First of all, host Mario Lopez rivals Seacrest as the Hottest Reality TV Host. Second of all, JC Chasez is one of the judges. And finally, the bitches GO OFF. Almost all of the crews I saw tonight blew my mind; only one really didn't--as Joe put it, "Femme Five is nerv." Anyhow, the thing that sets this show apart from Dance War is that it allows the teams to do what they're good at. Also, the format is so much easier to follow: each week, America votes a team off. Simple. The music is fierce, the dancing is WAY fierce, and I can't wait to see what comes next! The two best groups are Kaba Modern, a group of hot Asians from UC-I and Live In Color, a group I had trouble finding online... Anyhow, the show gets an A+ from me.

Last, we watched some Bad Girls Club. I have seen a few snippets of episodes and have never really been impressed, and I can't say that watching an entire half hour really changed my mind at all. Now, don't get me wrong, because these bitches are CRAZY. I have never seen so many ugly girls drink so much booze! It's amazing.

That's about all for now... I've got a post about American Idol coming very soon!

Final Thought: I have a new favorite commercial. It's cute and dancey.

No comments: