Wednesday, February 20, 2008

America's Best Dance Crew is FIERCE

I am obsessed with this show!  So much so that I'm thinking of changing my work schedule to be able to watch it live...  Luckily it is on TV at least once a day, so I was able to catch up on the most recent episode.  Here are my notes about the remaining groups, including the songs (most of them are hot hits) that they performed to.  The theme of the show was for the groups to "remake" a popular music video, then remix it a little to allow them to showcase their own styles.

Kaba Modern--"Wall To Wall," Chris Brown
Even though you can clearly tell it's not really their style, Kaba Modern looks great!  Their video-inspired choreography was right on, and in the remix section they were able to bring in their trademark style--lots of isolations, ripples, and general fierceness.

Live In Color--"Hey Mama," Blackeyed Peas
In the pre-performance montage, the members of the group complained that the song was a little slow for them; I agree.  However, they have SO much energy!  They're totally explosive and are able to show influences of so many styles of dance.  They totally bang it out.

Jabbawockeez--"Ice Box," Omarion
Nothing too exciting, really; they look fine.  The judges are obsessed with them but I'm not.

Break Sk8--"Get Up," Ciara
This was their first time learning the choreo without skates on...  I still don't know what I really think about their whole rollerskate gimmick; to be honest, it looks a little ridiculous.  They are able to get the choreography for the most part, and one guy lands a killer backflip in the routine--on skates!  And since they're from Indiana, I guess I have a special place in my heart for Break Sk8.  Oh, and Tony, one of the guys, is super hot.  I think.

Status Quo--"You Can't Touch This," MC Hammer
As my friend Joe would say while watching this group, "HEY MARY!"  There are some fierce gays.  Anyhow, they are wearing Hammer pants and still look pretty cool.  But, to be honest, they don't really DANCE that much.  Hmm, I'm not sure what my status is with Status Quo.

Fysh N Chicks--"Freakum Dress," Beyonce
FIERCE outfits--brightly colored dresses and hot gold heels.  The performance, however, was just OK; not that much dancing, mostly a lot of booty shaking.  But whatever, they look super hot.  The judges love them!

Femme 5--"Hollaback Girl," Gwen Stefani
It's no wonder that they go home this week, because the Femme 5 are no better than your average college dance team.  I mean, they're cute and all and do OK with the choreography, but they just don't have what it takes to be (Randy Jackson Presents) America's Best Dance Crew.

Yeah, this show is it.  If you haven't watched it, seriously, tune in.  


No comments: