Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Idol goes to Omaha...???

Omaha???  Really???  Whose idea was that?  I just don't get it; why is American Idol going to these random cities?  I mean, I definitely understand the idea of giving opportunities to people in different locales, but let's be honest: you're not going to find the next American Idol in Omaha or Charlotte.  You're just not.

That one guy who they let through--the one who kept forgetting his words--that pisses me off.  But you know what doesn't piss me off?  When Ryan arm wrestles with that blond girl.  His bulging bicep is incredible and makes me want to love him FOREVER.  (And his smile is absolutely adorable.)  It's also pretty fun how Ryan and Paula switch jobs for a while; Ryan would be a great judge I think!  

Omaha has too many Carrie Underwood wannabes; light poppy country isn't something to be discovered for on a show like Idol.  You have to be something NEW to actually make it, you know?  Like, Carrie Underwood succeeded because she brought that light country pop sound to the show; Jordin Sparks failed because she was nothing new and nothing exciting.

They keep talking about how people aren't that good--"you need to sound more like an individual," "work on your performance skills," etc.--and then sending them through!  Angelique, for example.  The Celine Dion knock-offs just don't do it for me.


Final Thought: Ryan is hosting the Super Bowl pre-show?  Nice.  I just might have to tune-in...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for welcoming me to your blog. I see you're not at a loss for the bitchy comment. Nice, real nice. I'm glad to see I've taught you well.

And what's so wrong with Omaha??? Besides the numerous points you make. I'll tell you why they went to Omaha - variety. There's only so many times you can go to NYC or LA and still keep it interesting. Omaha injects novelty (Hey! Check out the hicks! They can't sing either!) THere's also the fact that the show has fans in Omaha & environs - keeps them watching if "the little people" think they have a shot at being on the show (without having to drive for two days & stay at Tom Bodett's place) (I like staying with Tom, he keeps the light on for me.)

Quote (Don't know how to make it appear):

"But you know what doesn't piss me off? When Ryan arm wrestles with that blond girl. His bulging bicep is incredible and makes me want to love him FOREVER."

LOL!!! I guess I did the right thing by passing you that Emmy mag (which, btw, you left at home.)

Love the blog! Even though I don't watch the shows, can't wait to read more!

mmmmmMMMWAH!, JLC