Saturday, December 8, 2007

Keeping Up With Kardashian Backgrounds

So I'm watching a mini-marathon of Keeping Up With The Kardashians and I've come up with a question: why are they famous?  I've decided to do some research.  Some of my findings confirmed little tidbits I had heard, but a few things were completely new to me.

The late Robert Kardashian, the patriarch of the family, was an attorney in the OJ Simpson murder trial.  He passed away in September 2003.

Bruce Jenner, now married to Kris (the mother), is an Olympic gold medalist, having won the decathalon in the 1976 summer games.  He was also in some horrible disco movie about The Village People.  Oh, this is not his first appearance on reality TV, either: he was on Dancing With The Stars as well as the short-lived Skating With Celebrities, a show I would be SO fierce on.

Kim Kardashian was married to Damon Thomas, a music producer, but is better known for her sex tape with R&B "star" Ray-J (isn't he Brandy's brother?).  I haven't seen the sex tape (yet), but I can't imagine it could compare to Pam & Tommy's.  

Brody Jenner, Bruce's son, has made the rounds and successfully crossed-over between reality shows, a feat that only a few have conquered, having dated Kristin Cavallari from Laguna Beach who I absolutely HATE.  He's also really hot.

Here's a quote that scared me when I heard it and rightfully so (in an hour, the Jenners' young daughters were mocking the Girls Gone Wild shoot on a stripper pole in the basement): "Brody, you're in charge."  Maybe leaving two eight year old girls at home with Brody isn't a great idea...  I don't think it would be a good idea to leave him at home with me, either...

No comments: