Sunday, March 2, 2008

AI: Music of the 70's

Ten guys and ten girls remain...  We're making our way to the final 12!  I can't wait.  Here are some of my notes from this past week.  Guys first.

Michael Johns--Major pitch problems.  He's all over the place.  He's nervous.  C-.

Jason Castro--On guitar.  Cute and has a nice voice.  Reminds me a little of Jason Mraz.  Without his guitar, can he do it?  Randy challenges him to do so.  B-.

Luke Menard--He should be on a cruise ship.  He's talented and all, but I'm just not sure...  He was in an a capella group at Millikin, a college I know quite a few people from...  Hmm.  B.

Robbie Carrico--He's a poor man's Bo Bice.  I almost fell asleep.  B-.

Danny Noriega--My friend Bryan said: "everyone brace yourself."  Couldn't have been more right.  If you close your eyes, he's OK.  B+.

David Hernandez--His face is a little crazy.  Overdoes it on the performance but goes off a little towards the end.  B+.

Jason Yeager--I like him on stage; he has a great smile.  He's very musical theatre.  B.

Chikezie--He's got a great instrument but I'm not sure if he uses it correctly.  Definitely most improved from last week.  B+/A-.

David Cook--On electric guitar.  Sounds pretty good; he's a rocker and I believe him.  B+/A-.

David Archuletta--"If he doesn't win, Disney Channel will scoop him up," says my friend Gabrielle.  I agree.  His voice is beautiful, honest, and so damn cute.  He's definitely still adjusting to his voice, but I think he's a baritone/tenor, to be honest.  He's the one to beat and gave us one of my favorite performances EVER.  A.

Carly Smithson--This girl can sing!  She's fierce and totally rocket it.  A-.

Syesha Mercado--She has a nice voice, but I think she could go off a little more.  Has nice moments.  B.

Brooke White--On guitar.  A little boring; could have picked a better song.  B.

Ramielle Malubay--Not her best week...  Her rendition of "Don't Leave Me This Way" was good, but nowhere near Latoya London's performance from Season 3.  B-.

Kristy Lee Cook--Looks pretty awkward on stage, especially her outfit.  Pretty boring.  C.

Amanda Overmeyer--She doesn't have a real voice, you know what I mean?  She's not marketable.  Time for her to go, but I think she'll stay around for a while.  C.

Alaina Whitaker--She sucks.  She can belt, but doesn't hear pitches very well.  And ugly.  B-.

Alexandria Lushington--What is she wearing?  Not a belter.  Not fierce.  Bad runs.  Dumb.  C+.

Kady Malloy--She's apparently a trained opera singer.  Yeah right.  A little awkward on stage.  I hate her.

Asia'h Epperson--Is it Latoya London night?  Sang "All By Myself," but it was way too low...  She kinda sucks.

After America voted, four singers were eliminated on Thursday's show:

1. Jason Yeager
2. Robbie Carrico
3. Alexandrea Lushington
4. Kady Malloy

Basically, I am obsessed with David Archuleta, as if you couldn't tell from that late-night post I made a few days ago.  Uggggghhhhhh he is so fierce.  Here's a clip of him performing (and winning) Star Search a few years ago...  So cute.

No comments: