Monday, January 28, 2008

AI: San Diego & Charleston

My friend Adam is TiVoing American Idol this year because everyone works on Tuesday and Wednesday nights...  So we got together on Thursday and watched the San Diego and Charleston auditions.  Oh!  Before that, we watched a clip from last week's auditions in Dallas.  Watch out for Zpia (pronounced Pia); she's a singer at my roommate's bar and she's totally fierce.  

Anyhow, on to San Diego.  It was great for me to finally see Paula, Simon and Randy back behind the table with their oversized Coke cups.  Randy needs to shave those hideous sideburns, though.  Oh, it was also awesome to see Ryan, of course, but I see him in my dreams quite often.  Here are my notes about some of the standouts:
-Perrie--a single dad.  Nice.  The 90's called and want their voice back.
-Michael--he's a really cute Australian guy with a great voice, minus his nerv vibratto.
-Christopher & Monique--both absolutely horrible.
-Samantha--her sister got to sit in on her audition.  Needs a makeover.
-David--survived "vocal paralysis."  Great smile.  Sounds a little like Nick Lachey.

Then, it was off to Charleston.  No one good.  That's why you don't have auditions in the South unless it's Nashville--seriously, American Idol, FIO (Figure It Out).  The only thing that was better in Charleston than in San Diego was Ryan--he looks much hotter in the South.  Mmm.  My notes:
-DeAnna--"I waitress."  Classy.  Kellie Pickler is her idol; she's an f-ing idiot.
-Michelle & Jeffrey--the big brother and sister.  They should be singing in church.
-Amy/AC--16 years old; virgin; annoying.  Can't believe she's going to Hollywood.
-Arethat--with a name like that, you have to be better.  Changed keys multiple times.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to the next round of auditions.  Hopefully I missed some amazing singers two weeks ago when I didn't watch; we'll find out soon enough in Hollywood!

No comments: