Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Shows!!

There are so many shows starting up in the realm of reality TV, so I thought I'd take a moment and preview some of them, as well as take a look at some returning favorites...


Thursday, Jan. 10 brings the much-anticipated premier of Celebrity Rehab on VH1.  I am pretty excited to see this show mostly because of contestant (is that the right word?) Jessica Sierra; she was a finalist on American Idol season four and was my favorite for a couple of weeks.  She's a total wreck now, having been arrested numerous times over the past couple of years.  Read about the other contestants here.

Also on the 10th, Bravo's new show Make Me A Supermodel premiers.  I hope it's as good as it looks...  Let's face it, Bravo never fails to deliver.

Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant.  Quite frankly, I really don't care.  The "star"'s reality show's second season starts Sunday on VH1.

Another VH1 show coming soon: Rock Of Love.  The second season will probably end the same as the first, with Bret Michaels looking for more time in the spotlight.  You can actually watch the first episode online.  That is, if you want to.  I skipped it.

Tonight on TLC is the season-premier of Big Medicine, a show I will definitely watch because my (Emmy-nominated) sister is one of the editors.  The show follows overweight patients as they undergo bariatric surgery in addition to other methods for losing weight.  Should be inspiring and pretty graphic.

I am completely anxious about the season premier of American Idol on Fox on Jan. 10...  Is this season going to be good like seasons 1, 3, 4, or 5?  I hope it's not as disappointing as the last season...  The preview on Fox.com looks great, so I'm trying to remain hopeful.  (PS--Did you know that Taylor Hicks was dropped from J Records?  PPS--Did you know that Clay Aiken will be on Broadway in Monty Python's Spamalot?)  


More coming soon!

No comments: