Monday, January 28, 2008

Dance War Episode 3

OK... I am going to give Dance War one more week. And it's ratings aren't even that good, seeing how it was the #17 show last week. It's just not impressing me; everyone I performed with in college (OK, almost everyone) could be on Dance War and do just as well or better than the contestants that they have... I mean, maybe they should just leave the whole singing and dancing at the same time thing to Broadway. Just a thought. Zack is really the only one who stands out to me at all; the others, for the most part, need some more stage time. Perhaps they should send all of them to a musical theatre camp or something. IDK.

Anyhow, I just now got to watch last Monday's episode, and it was the first time that the two teams faced off. They each did two performances, one highlighting the girls and one the guys. Bruno is lucky--he has hotties Phillip and Zach on his team. I'm sure he knows just how lucky he is...

Bruno's team appears stronger as a whole to me, but his girls are definitely weaker, especially in the singing department. They were out of breath or screaming throughout their performance. In their first number, guys dressed in hats and girls in "Lady Marmalade"-esque attire, the team reminded me of the Ball State Singers or Live Entertainment at Cedar Point. Not that it's a bad thing necessarily, but let's be honest: it's a primetime network TV show. Come on. At the end of their second performance, Zack's face said it all to me: "That sucked and I know it. I'm too good for this show."

Despite technical problems (Chris--I've been there when your mic isn't turned on), Carrie Ann's first performance was decent. The tempo was way to slow and Charity stood out as a weak dancer. I think that as far as natural vocal talent goes, Phillip is just as good as Zach. The second performance was better; the girls actually sounded pretty nice together. Throughout, Kelsey seemed to have it together the most--she's very consistent.

Now that I think about it, it's really hard to say which team is stronger. Both had a good performance and a bad performance on the show...

I like the fact that the show opened up with a Spice Girls song; how trendy! The teams joined forces for the opener and closer and it was nice (slash a hot mess) to see them all on stage at once.

Final Thought: My favorite quote from the night, though I wish I knew a little more about what he meant by it: "It was MAN TIME." Phillip. Yum.

Final Final Thought: Did I mention in an earlier post that Zack is the ex-fiancee of DWTS's Julianne Hough? The reality TV family grows both larger and smaller every day... And Zack's hair looks much better short.

No comments: